Sunday, May 25, 2008

1, 2, 3, it is over!

That’s it, Senator Clinton. You will not be the next president of the Unites States of America.

You will never be the President of the United States of America.

Your campaign is done and if you do not know it then your tin-eared campaign has gone deaf. Your last, little, tiny, miniscule, jot of a prayer of a hope of a chance of becoming the Democratic nominee has gone up in smoke. Smoke and naked ugliness.

I’m not sure that I can repeat what you said that has me so incensed. I am certain that I don’t want to address it at all. But your hateful, and that is what it is, hateful comments made to the editorial board of the South Dakota's Sioux Falls Argus-Leader cannot stand. Your words disqualify you from continuing to run for the office of President.

Your words disqualify you from any public office. Perhaps my feelings will change once they’re not boiling over but your career as an elected official should end today. If not today then in 2012 when the voters of the great state of New York will vote you out of the Senate seat once held, you so cynically observe, by Robert F. Kennedy.

I am going to bed now. I hope that I will be able to sleep I am so upset. I don’t see how you can sleep at night, especially tonight or on any other night. Perhaps in the bright light of day I will have the stomach for it. I want to, at the very least, drag your wretched apology out into the sun. Drag it out from beneath the rock where it cowers.

The faded memory of the respect and admiration I once had for you lets me give you some advice.

That advice is this: Get out of the race before you are thrown out. The last thing any of us need is you continuing on and trying to live down those words, those thoughts. They may be thoughts we have all had in the deepest, most fearful depths of our hearts. They may even be words that we have whispered to family members and close friends. But they are not words that I, that we, that anyone, should have to tolerate from any public figure.

1, 2, 3... it is over.

0 comments: